What’s coming up at the studios?
Let us know if you have any questions about these upcoming workshops:
Members Only Workshop
Journey to handstand: Meeting You Right Where You Are – With Rebecca Ray
Join Rebecca in exploring the journey to Handstand from right where you are in this moment. This workshop will help you build a solid foundation for the journey by working on:
- Preparatory poses that develop the strength and flexibility needed to lift off the ground with grace and ease.
- How to use your core to create stability in this inverted pose.
- Various progressions and variations of handstand using the wall, props and partners.
- Letting go of fears by understanding what is needed to go upside down.
Come ready to learn and play!
This workshop is appropriate for those just beginning to explore inversions as well seasoned practitioners wishing to deepen their practice.
Date: Sunday June 11th
Time: 1:00 – 3:00pm
Location: University Place Studio
Cost: FREE for Autopay Members Only Register Here
Interested in this workshop but not a member?Check out our membership options:
Level 2 – 8 visits/month – 2 free member workshops per year
Level 3 – unlimited – 3 free member workshops per years
– Henri NouwenOftentimes, grief can appear so enormous and overwhelming that we do all we can to hold it out. It can also be a deeply isolating experience, and none of us can truly know the true nature of grief each other carries. Consider, though, that when we create a strong enough container within ourselves and our community, we can actually let grief flow. Consider too that, though we cannot do much to alleviate the grief of another, we can walk with each other on parallel paths through grief.
In this 5-week series, we will practice just that–supporting and nourishing each other in
entering into our own places of grief with courage, kindness, self-acceptance and
connection to deeper resources. Weekly gatherings will be a mixture of meditation, gentle movement, readings, journaling, creativity, singing, interspiritual prayer and conversation. You will not be asked or required to share any details of your particular experience of grief or loss; however you will have the option to share in general about your experience and how you are processing.
Please note: this is not a replacement for psychotherapy or medical treatment.
Space is limited to a maximum of 12 participants.
2 Half Price Scholarships available. Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Mondays 7/31 – 8/28 Time: 7- 8:30pm Cost: $125 Location: North Tacoma Studio
Join Lori Ferry one day each month for an hour of Yoga Nidra. In a Yoga Nidra class we shift beneath the mental and emotional activity of the mind to a state of deep consciousness that promotes extreme relaxation using guided words and imagery. We begin with gentle stretching and movement then settle into our most comfortable relaxing posture. This allows a space to explore what we really need in the moment. One Yoga Nidra class is equivalent to 4 hours of deep sleep and who couldn’t use that kind of sleep… Class is for all levels including those with emotional strain, PTSD as well as pre and post natal. Use your class card, membership or pay as a drop-in to attend.
Date: This class will return to 1x each month in Fall
Time: 7:30 – 8:30pm
Location: North Tacoma Studio